Friday 10 January 2014

Books Haul




I love reading books. I can literally devour a book in few hours but nowadays i devout my reading time to when am on the tube. The one and half hour journey on the tube every morning and evening is perfect to get lost in another world.

(just make sure you don't forget to get off at your intended stop) 




I love reading Fantasy Fiction Books

 Although Classic can always tempt me Hans Christian Anderson and Shakespeare are my favourite authors.

Snow Queen was the first book i ever read as a child and its by far my favorite story, it always hold a special place in my heart.

So this weekend I decided to start off my old love for reading and went to WH Smith and purchased some books.


The Fantasy Fiction section had so many amazing books and authors to offer. I wish I could get a job only to read books.. Ah!! A girl can Dream..

So now I had to decided what should I start off with.. then The Hunger Games trilogy series caught my eye. When I had watched the second movie "Catching Fire" , the ending definitely peaked my interest and I remember how eager I was to know what happens next.

I quickly picked my the 3rd and final book "Mockingjay", but then I remembered movies definitely do not cover every aspect of the book and sometimes miss/change the crucial parts of the book.
(yes I am talking about the Harry Potter movies). 

I decided then that i need to make a fresh start of the entire series and look at the story from the books point of view with my own imagination to recreate the scenes/emotions rather than what a Movie wants me to think or feel.

So picked up the entire series. The trilogy consists of  "The Hunger Games ""Catching Fire" and  "Mockingjay".  The series is written by Suzanne Collins.





I also noticed the "Divergent"  trilogy series books as well and read the gist at the back of the cover, it seemed interesting. On one of the covers it said that it was a motion picture now as well. So when i came back home I saw the promo on IMDB, am glad I picked it up.

The  "Divergent"  trilogy series books "Divergent" ,  Insurgent and Allegiant.
The series is written by Veronica Roth.





I had previously picked up "Beautiful Creatures", when I had moved to the UK last year, but for the purpose of this blog I didn't seem to find it??

I didn't really like the movie as I felt it was dragged on and the heavy southern accents and the muffled tone of voices of the actors in the movie didn't really help me like the movie.

The book itself, the story was really good and I did enjoy the mystical plot. I will write more on this books in a separate Book review.


So I wanted to follow up this book with the second book "Beautiful Darkness" as well. 

Surprisingly these series of Caster Chronicles books has two Authors Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.





I also had the same experience with the movie Mortal Instruments, didn't really like the slow pace of the movie, and I didn't want to judge the book by its movie, hence I also picked by Mortal Instruments: City of Bones.  

This series is written by Cassandra Clare. 




I will be doing a review on each of the books every month, so if these are some of the books that interest you watch this Blog.

Am so excited and will be start off my book review series with the The Hunger Games trilogy.





No comments:

Post a Comment