Sunday 26 January 2014

Origins Skincare Haul and Review


New Year.. New Skincare:

Hello everyone... Its the New Year and I wanted to change up my Skincare Routine to include some new High-End Products. Now that we are in peak winter in London and since its the new year I wanted to change up my skincare routine to include products that are balancing and moisturising. I was happy with Philosophy but I have heard so many good things about Origins skincare line that I had to try it.




FaceWash:

For Face wash I picked up the Origins Checks and Balances Face wash.
This is a good morning face wash as it doesn't strip away the required face oils from our face and leaves the skin soft and smooth to touch. Right now I am using Herbalism in the Evening and use this in the morning.





Toners:
I also wanted to pick up a good Balancing toner, the L'oreal is one of good  hydrating toners I still wanted to give this one a try. I am alternating between these toners right now. The Origins Balancing Tonic is more light and quick drying, so this is perfect for daytime use.




Daytime Skincare:

Since the ozone layer is quite thin in London, its very important to protect your skin not only with products which have a good SPF (min 30+), it should also have UVA/UVB filters. Though expecting this from a moisturiser is a little too much and I use the la posay roche sunscreen. However on day when I am in a rush and do not have time to follow up with a sunscreen its always good to have at least a decent SPF in your moisturiser. So as daytime moisturizers I picked up the Dr. Andrew Weil Line for moisturiser and eye cream.





It helps if a moisturiser is not only protecting the skin but also is repairing it and Dr. Andrew Weil Line does a good job.


I can say that my skin is improving and the acne spots that i had are lightened using this. 






Acidic/Peel Moisturisers:


I had actually ordered the much reviewed Alpha- H Liquid Gold and Aesop Parsley Seed mask to complete my Skincare but Beauty Expert inefficient courier service made me run around for my order to be delivered and finally after pestering them returned my money since they didn't deliver. What a waste of my time. (more on which site you should order from in a another post).

Back to the post, So after some research I found out that Origins had a similar solution as Alpha H Liquid Gold. Its none other than the High Potency Night- A - Mins.



After you double cleanse and tone in the evening, you just lather this on and leave it on for the night. This product acts like a mild peel but its in moisturiser form. You can use this twice a week. This helps in removing dead skin cells and enriches the skin.



On days that I do not use the High Potency Night- A - Mins, a good nighttime moisturizer is essential. Depending on how my skin is feeling I am alternating between products



Dull Skin: Origins GinZing moisturiser




If my skin is feeling a little dull, the Origins GinZing line is perfect to wake up your skin. It has a chocolate orange fragrance which helps lift your mood as well. This moisturiser has definitely turned me towards orange citrusy scents.

Anti-Aging Solutions:

I have also noticed the Origins Plantscription line and although I do not have any wrinkles, its always good to start off the precautionary skincare now that am in my mid-20's. So Origins Plantscription line is perfect for anti- aging Skincare range. This line leaves my skin hydrating and balanced skin. 





Masks:

Since I didn't receive the Aesop Parsley Seed mask, I still was on the lookout for a good clay mask that draws out the impurities and will leave my skin feeling soft and clear. I picked up Origins Clear Improvement Mask.




Do not go by how scary the mask might look in the packaging, this is grey mask that goes on smooth like any other clay mask would. It dried out the small acne i had and left the rest of my skin looking clear. You can use this weekly.


Pimple Punisher:





If i feel like I have any acne coming up or have a pesky spot I use the Super Spot on it. It contains Salicylic Acid that dries the acne/pimple. You should only apply it on the spot and not all over your face as this can be very drying. I also sometimes use the Origins Clear Improvement Mask and then follow it with Super spot.


Though this works on small pesky pimples and white heads, its not very helpful with any major pimples or cystic acne that I sometimes get due to hormonal changes.

So this rounds up my new Skincare and what I think about the products. If you want a in depth review of a product do leave a comment below.

Disclaimer: I have bought these products with my own money and no products are sponsored.

No comments:

Post a Comment